Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I Hate Camping - High School Memories

Well, I haven't posted to this blog in a month. When I last posted, I was starting this "Free Second Life" project. That has turned out to be incredibly boring for me, so I'm giving up on that. I'm sure it would be a worthwhile endeavor for someone, but it was killing my fun in Second Life. All I was really doing was camping, or looking for places to camp. And lately the prices paid for camping have dropped. 2L for 12 minutes seems to be the going rate right now, and that's just not worth it. I would rather spend a few US dollars and go do something fun. Or upload some textures for clothes or tattoos or furniture.

I did, however, promise a quick tutorial on filling out your profile. I will post that tomorrow . . . promise :)

My first life was interesting last weekend. I found out two days ahead of time that my high school reunion was last weekend. Luckily, my hometown is only two hours away from where I live now, so I was able to go in spite of the short notice. I'm still finding it a bit hard to accept that high school was 20 years ago. I was a bit apprehensive about going. I wasn't exactly part of the "in" crowd in high school and I figured that would be mostly who showed up. But I went anyway, because I knew I'd regret it if I didn't.

I wish I could say that I had more fun than I'd had in a long time, but I didn't. It wasn't awful either. I'm very glad I went, and it was good to see some people I hadn't seen in 10 or 20 years (I went to the 10 year reunion too). We got a tour of the high school, which hasn't really changed much. That's pretty amazing, considering the building was built in 1924. Our old principal was there. When I was in high school, he weighed well over 300 lbs. At the time, I doubt any of us thought he would still be alive 20 years later. But he is, and has lost a lot of weight and seems to be pretty healthy.

Most of the classmates I was closest too weren't there, unfortunately. But a few were, and it was cool to see them and meet their husbands and wives and children. I'm still single and always have been, so that felt a bit awkward at times. But I wasn't the only one, so it wasn't too bad. All in all, I'm glad I went. Oh, and they took a vote for most changed since I school. I came in third :) . Next reunion, if I go, I'm sure I'll win that one.

No comments: